Celebrating 150 Years of Catholic Education in the Lismore Diocese

April 23, 2010 2:00 pm
To mark the Sesquicentenary of Catholic Education in the Lismore Diocese, a Mass of Thanksgiving will be celebrated in St. Carthage’s Cathedral, Lismore on the 28th April at 11.30am.
In 1860, 150 years ago, the first Catholic school on the North Coast was opened in South Grafton. It was housed in St Patrick’s Church in Skinner Street (on the corner of Skinner and Ryan Streets). The first teacher was Mr Edward Tracey.